- “Digital Continuations of Victorian Classics.” Journal of Victorian Culture Online. October 14, 2013. http://myblogs.informa.com/jvc/2013/10/14/digital-continuations-of-victorian-classics/.
- “The Oliver! Phenomenon; or, ‘Please sir, we want more and more!’” Co-written with Joss Marsh. Essays and Studies. 65 (2012): 150-170. Dickens Bicentenary Special Issue, Dickens and Modernity. Ed Juliet John.
- “Pickwick’s Other Papers: Continually Reading Dickens.” Victorian Literature and Culture.
Works in Progress:
- Continual Reading: Modern Adaptations and Victorian Reading Practices.
- “Melodrama and the Circulating Library: Reading Jane Eyre on Page and Stage”
- “The Afterlife of the Boy Who Would Not Grow Up”
- 19th-Century British Literature and Culture
- History of the Book and Reading
- Adaptation Studies
- Children’s Literature
- Theatre History
- Narrative Theory
- Neo-Victorian Studies
- Media Studies
- Digital Humanities
- English Language Arts